This Second Form Latin Complete Set includes the following eight items:
- An 9×7.5 inch Student Text, which is small, concise, and unintimidating with 31 two-page lessons on facing, uncluttered pages.
- An everything-you-could-possibly-need Teacher Manual that includes Student Text inset with answers in color, “Chalk Talk” scripted lessons, recitation schedule, extensive teaching notes, and an “FYI” (For Your Information) section for extra background.
- A full-size Student Workbook with 4-6 pages of exercises per lesson. These exercises teach concepts through practice and mastery learning.
- A Quizzes & Tests booklet with reproducible weekly quizzes and unit tests that ensure material is being mastered.
- A Teacher Key (for Workbook, Quizzes, & Tests) with answers to the workbook and quizzes/tests.
- A Pronunciation CD that includes all vocabulary and grammar forms for each lesson.
- Flashcards for the vocabulary, Latin sayings, and grammar forms.
- DVDs (3 discs, 8.5 hours, 15-20 minutes/lesson) with superb explanations by former Highlands Latin School teacher Glen Moore. The DVDs also include helpful on-screen notes, illustrations, diagrams, a full First Form – Second Form recitation, “Latin parties” (Glen’s version of unit reviews), and more!
After finishing Second Form, the student will have mastered:
- Six indicative active and three indicative passive tenses of all four verb conjugations
- Five noun declensions, including -er/-ir nouns and i-stem nouns
- Adjectives in three declensions
- Personal pronouns
- 365 vocabulary words (185 in First Form, and another 180 new words in Second Form)
Optional supplements (not included in this set):
- Wall Charts (four 33″ x 17″ charts), which are great visual aids for students and teachers.
- Desk Charts, which are 8.5″ x 11″ versions of the above wall charts. (Desk Charts include charts from First Form and Second Form.)
- Classical Pronunciation CD for teachers who prefer that pronunciation. (The standard pronunciation CD included in the above set uses ecclesiastical pronunciation.)
- Second Form Latin Workbook Key*, which includes answers for the workbook but not the quizzes & tests.
- Lingua Angelica: The Forms Series includes a syllabus that will take students through Lingua Angelica I and II over the course of the four Forms.
- Latin Grammar for the Grammar Stage, a compendium of grammar forms and very basic syntax that can be used as a reference with any Latin program.
- Latin Recitation CD/DVD Set, which includes a recitation of the entire Latin grammar, with the DVD also having visual charts.
- Latin Cursive Copybook: Hymns & Prayers, which combines handwriting practice and Latin practice.
*N.B. This Workbook Key is not needed if you buy the Second Form Latin Teacher Key (for Workbook, Quizzes, & Tests). We make the former available for our customers enrolled in the Online Academy or similar courses.
Second Form Latin DVD Sample
Second Form Latin Errata