- Horatius at the Bridge, Second Edition
- Horatius at the Bridge Student Guide, Second Edition
- Horatius at the Bridge Teacher Guide, Second Edition
- Lapel Pin
The text includes the full ballad, Horatius at the Bridge. The Student Guide includes exercises, maps, history background, and comprehension questions. The Teacher Guide includes all answers to the Student Guide. Student exercises include:
- Definitions of words used in the poem
- Explanations of phrases
- Identification of persons in the context of the poem
- Location of place names through the use of maps
- Reading questions
- Summarizations of individual verses that have a common thread
- Research of poem references
Click here to watch recipients of the Memoria Press Winston Churchill Award recite the poem from memory!
“I chose to study the poem with this resource because I wanted to fully immerse us in the culture and writing of the Roman Empire. This resource DELIVERS! We learned more today about the geography of Rome, which is a huge part of understanding the Roman Empire and how it rose and fell, than we have in two years of reading from a textbook. I can truly say without hesitation that we would use this resource for a fun historical read even if we weren’t studying it as part of our history curriculum. It has me so excited about studying it the next few weeks and then moving on to some of the other Greek and Roman history guides.” – Ashley
There are no reviews yet.