Our First Grade Enrichment, Second Edition offers suggestions for activities that go along with the read-aloud book for each week. The activities and enrichment books give students an introduction to the subjects of literature, poetry, art, music, history, culture, and science. This set includes all of the science and history supplemental books needed if you care to delve more deeply into these subjects.
If you would like additional resources that were included in our Kindergarten Supplemental Science & Enrichment Set you can purchase them here.
The World of Mammals $17.99 – This book investigates and describes the anatomy, behavior, and habitats of hundreds of mammals. It is a great science resource for use with our Primary Classical Core Curriculum Packages (not included in this set.)
NOTE: Some of these books refer to the age of the world in a way that contradicts young earth creationism, but we felt like they were the best books on the subject, and the reference to the age of the earth can easily be skipped as it is just mentioned and not dwelled upon.
The First Grade Supplemental Science and Enrichment Set includes all books listed below.
- The Biography of Tea – Carrie Gleason
- Hurricanes! – Gail Gibbons
- Miles and Miles of Reptiles – Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library
- Alligators and Crocodiles – Gail Gibbons
- Spotlight on Australia – Bobbie Kalman
- What Makes Day & Night – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- Trains – Gail Gibbons
- Locomotive – Brian Floca
- Trees, Leaves, and Bark – Take-Along Guide
- In the Rainforest – Kate Duke
- A More Perfect Union – Betsy Maestro & Giulia Maestro
- Sounds All Around – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- Penguin Chick – Betty Tatham
- Ice Is Nice! – Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library
- Hear Your Heart – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- Children Just Like Me: Celebrations! – Dorling Kindersley
- A Kid’s Guide to Washington D.C. – Miriam Chernick
- The Reasons for Seasons – Gail Gibbons
- St. Patrick’s Day – Gail Gibbons
- How Many Teeth? – Paul Showers
- Spotlight on Russia – Bobbie Kalman
- Where Do Chicks Come From? – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- How People Learned to Fly – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- Fine-Feathered Friends – Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library
- Oh, Say, Can You Say, What’s the Weather Today? – Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library
- Tornadoes! – Gail Gibbons
- Clouds – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- The Construction Alphabet Book – Jerry Pallotta
- Wolves – Gail Gibbons
There are no reviews yet.