Latina Christiana Complete Set
Cheryl Lowe’s clear explanations, easy instructions, and step-by-step approach in the Latina Christiana Complete Set have led thousands of teachers and students to declare, “I love Latin!” With the help of this course, you are sure to love Latin too!
Latina Christiana was designed as a beginning course for students of all ages. This course was specifically written for the teacher with no background in Latin. Students who have completed Latina Christiana are now ready for the First Form Latin Series. Memoria Press recommends students move directly from Latina Christiana to First Form.
There is an optional history component to Latina Christiana taken from Chapters 1-13 of Famous Men of Rome (reading selections not included in LC). Drill questions are included in Latina Christiana, as well as a history test. Learning the history and culture of Rome is often a great motivating factor for students studying the Latin language. For a more in-depth study of Roman history, consider the Memoria Press Famous Men of Rome Set.
Student Book (25 lessons + 5 review lessons)
- A grammar form for each lesson
- 10 vocabulary words per lesson with corresponding English derivatives
- Latin sayings that teach Christian or Classical heritage
- Consistent reviews
- Complete copy of Student Book with overlaid answers
- Detailed weekly lesson plans
- Comprehensive teaching instructions
- Grammar overview
- Recitation schedule
- Background information on Latin sayings & Roman history
- Tests, quizzes, & keys
- Complete verbal pronunciation for each lesson
- Prayers & songs [ex. Benedic Domine (Table Blessing), Pater Noster (Lord’s Prayer), Adeste Fideles, Dona Nobis Pacem, etc.]
- Vocabulary with derivatives
- Latin sayings
- Conjugations & declensions
- Latina Christiana: 3 discs, 5.5 hrs. (avg. 15 min./lesson)
- Comprehensive teaching by Jessica Watson
- Thorough coverage of each new grammar lesson
- Recitation and review
- Vocabulary practice and explanation of derivatives
- On-screen notes, illustrations, & diagrams
- Additional examples
- Self-instructive format
Latina Christiana DVD Sample
Review Worksheets (sold separately)
These supplemental Review Worksheets will help your students master the grammar and vocabulary they are learning in Latina Christiana. Each lesson has 1-2 pages of cumulative review, so your students get weekly reinforcement of review material as well as newly learned concepts.
Need Lesson Plans for Latina Christiana?
Click here to purchase a printed or digital version.
|Dimensions||11 x 9 x 3.25 in|
Third, Fourth, Sixth, Fifth