My Thankfulness Journal: Beginner
My Thankfulness Journals offer practice with writing skills and gratitude.
As the student recalls the pleasant details of the day, he receives clear guidance for sharing his thoughts in prayer to the Giver of every good and perfect gift.
For beginning writers (chronological ages 6-9 or comparable skill level)
- Provides a large font with ample spacing for beginning writers.
- Gives dotted lines for tracing on every page.
- Supplies the child with a correct form for letter writing (greeting, indentation for body, closing) in every lesson.
- Includes a numbered list, #1-5, for the body of every letter, rather than paragraph writing
- Begins each entry, “Dear God,” and closes, “Yours,” with a space for the child to write his name.
These journals, written in New American Cursive, can help your students with:
- improving penmanship
- organizing thoughts onto paper
- composing with the correct form for letter writing
Habits of Gratitude
- noticing unexpected daily blessings
- becoming more aware of the kindnesses of others
- acknowledging daily mercies as coming from God Himself
Elements of Prayer
- reflecting on each day
- meditating on Scripture
- giving thanks
Essentials for a Strong Mind
- disciplining thoughts in an orderly manner
- shifting from self-pity to appreciation
- focusing on that which is good and true
To assist with memory work or meditation, each page provides a verse of Scripture from the King James Version
|Dimensions||9 x 6 x 0.25 in|