Our Second Grade Enrichment, Second Edition offers suggestions for activities that go along with the read-aloud book for each week. The activities and enrichment books give students an introduction to the subjects of literature, poetry, art, music, history, culture, and science. This set includes all of the science and history supplemental books needed if you care to delve more deeply into these subjects.
If you would like additional resources that were included in our Kindergarten and First Grade materials you can purchase them here.
The World of Mammals $17.99 – This book investigates and describes the anatomy, behavior, and habitats of hundreds of mammals. It is a great science resource for use with our Primary Classical Core Curriculum Packages (not included in this set.)
NOTE: Some of these books refer to the age of the world in a way that contradicts young earth creationism, but we felt like they were the best books on the subject, and the reference to the age of the earth can easily be skipped as it is just mentioned and not dwelled upon.
The Continuing Supplemental Science and Enrichment Set contains all books listed below.
- How Do Apples Grow? – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- Apples – Jacqueline Farmer and Phyllis Limbacher Tildes
- How to Draw Birds – John Green
- Follow the Water From Brook to Ocean – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- Amazing Animals: Monkeys – Valerie Bodden
- Ant Cities – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- The Honey-Makers – Gail Gibbons
- Clam-I-Am! – Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library
- Is a Camel a Mammal? – Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library
- Great Migrations: Whales – National Geographic Kids
- Let’s Go Rock Collecting – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- Rocks and Minerals – National Geographic Kids
- Earthquakes – Seymour Simon
- D is for Democracy – Elissa Grodin and Victor Jahasz
- B is for Bagpipes – Eve Begley Kiehm and Alexa Rutherford
- Lungs – Seymour Simon
- Ben Franklin and the Magic Squares – Frank Murphy and Richard Walz
- Rabbits, Rabbits, & More Rabbits – Gail Gibbons
- The Sky is Full of Stars – Let’s Read and Find Out Science
- Horses! – Gain Gibbons
- Snakes – Gail Gibbons
- There’s No Place Like Space – Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library
- How to Draw Insects – Barbara Soloff Levy
- How Does a Seed Sprout? – Melissa Stewart
There are no reviews yet.