"Prima Latina is particularly well suited to Latin-fearful parents. The simple layout of the lessons allows for easy implementation with little to no preparation, and the material is at a level that any willing parent can easily learn."
Prima Latina was written to transition directly into Latina Christiana, allowing students to complete an entire Latin sequence without missing important concepts or vocabulary. Prima Latina is accompanied by an audio CD which includes pronunciation direction for each lesson and four beautiful hymns from Lingua Angelica. Because Latina Christiana I Flashcards include every word in Prima Latina, they are an ideal study aid and a great investment for students who intend to continue on with Latina Christiana.
Prima Latina uses a clear and systematic format to introduce Latin to young students. It teaches important English and Latin grammar concepts, as well as vocabulary, sayings, prayers, hymns, and constellations.
Following the success of Latina Christiana, parents asked for something they could use with their young elementary children. We paired our years of experience with Latina Christiana's easy-to-use, student-friendly format and created an introductory course for young Latin scholars. Prima Latina includes:
- 25 lessons, each including grammar lessons appropriate for primary grades
- 5 vocabulary words with corresponding English derivatives per lesson
- A practical Latin phrase per lesson
- One line of a prayer per lesson that is learned in totality over 5 lessons
- Easy-to-read, 2-color format
The exercises in each lesson provide constant review of materials learned throughout the course. Every 5 lessons, students review the material and take a test (complete with key) to ensure mastery. Prima Latina is the perfect choice for:
- young children who are still becoming familiar with English grammar and wish to learn Latin at a slower pace
- those who would like to start Latin early and lay the foundation for a rigorous language arts program
- Vocabulary with derivatives
- Latin sayings
- Conjugations & Declensions
- 3 discs, 9 hours (15-20 min./lesson)
- Comprehensive teaching by Leigh Lowe
- Recitation & review, vocabulary practice, and explanation of derivatives
- On-screen notes, diagrams, & examples
- Self-instructive format
Sample DVD Lesson
"The optional video set for Prima Latina is excellent. For less than $2 per lesson, the homeschooling parent has almost all the burden of teaching Latin lifted from her shoulders."
"Prima Latina, with its optional videos, will get your family off to an outstanding start with Latin. Success is almost guaranteed with the simple format of the workbook and the experienced, positive teaching method of Leigh Lowe."