Are you looking for a gentle introduction to Latin and a course that prepares your young student for a more advanced study of the language? Prima Latina is specifically designed for students and teachers with no Latin background.
This course was developed for children in 1st-4th grades who are still becoming familiar with English grammar and wish to learn Latin at a slower pace and learn English grammar in the process. Its goal is to teach and reinforce an understanding of the basic parts of speech while introducing Latin. It benefits the student by teaching him half of the vocabulary in Latina Christiana and grounding him in the fundamental concepts of English grammar, the key to Latin study.
The grammar lessons are set forth in a form appropriate for primary grades. The review lessons that follow each unit provide the consistent review needed to master Latin. With clear explanations and easy-to-read lessons in a two-color format, Prima Latina is perfect for those teachers and parents who would like to start their students on an early study of Christian Latin.
Prima Latina is also the perfect preparation for Latina Christiana.
Prima Latina Student Book
- 25 lessons, each including grammar lessons appropriate for primary grades, and 5 Review Lessons
- 5 vocabulary words with corresponding English derivatives per lesson
- A practical Latin phrase per lesson
- One line of a prayer per lesson that is eventually learned in totality
- Consistent review
- Easy-to-read, 2-color format