"I have found Latina Christiana to be one of the best set of Latin textbooks that I have ever worked with, and the students seem to be doing very well with them. Thanks!"
Latina Christiana I is, quite simply, the best Latin grammar course available for younger beginning students. Cheryl Lowe’s clear explanations, easy instructions, and step-by-step approach have led thousands of teachers and students to declare, “I love Latin!” With the help of this course, you are sure to love Latin too!
Students who have completed Latina Christiana I are now ready for the First Form Latin Series. While Memoria Press recommends students move directly from Latina Christiana I to First Form, they may continue their Latin studies with Latina Christiana II.
Latina Christiana was designed as a beginning course for students of all ages. This course was specifically written for the teacher with no background in Latin.
Student Book (25 lessons + 5 review lessons)
- A grammar form for each lesson
- 10 vocabulary words per lesson with corresponding English derivatives
- Latin sayings that teach Christian or Classical heritage
- Consistent reviews
- Complete copy of Student Book with overlaid answers
- Detailed weekly lesson plans
- Comprehensive teaching instructions
- Grammar overview
- Recitation schedule
- Background information on Latin sayings & Roman history
- Tests, quizzes, & keys
- Complete verbal pronunciation for each lesson
- Prayers & songs [ex. Benedic Domine (Table Blessing), Pater Noster (Lord’s Prayer), Adeste Fideles, Dona Nobis Pacem, etc.]
- Latina Christiana I: 5 discs, 18 hrs. (35-40 min./lesson)
- Comprehensive teaching by the Prima Latina author
- Thorough coverage of each new grammar lesson
- Recitation and review
- Vocabulary practice and explanation of derivatives
- On-screen notes, illustrations, & diagrams
- Additional examples
- Self-instructive format
These supplemental review worksheets will help your students master the grammar and vocabulary they are learning in Latina Christiana I. Each lesson has 1-2 pages of cumulative review, so your students get weekly reinforcement of review material as well as newly learned concepts.
Lesson 1 Lesson 2 Lesson 3 Lesson 4 Lesson 5 Lesson 6 Lesson 7 Lesson 8 Lesson 9
Lesson 10 Lesson 11 Lesson 12 Lesson 13 Lesson 14 Lesson 15 Lesson 16 Lesson 17 Lesson 18
Lesson 19 Lesson 20 Lesson 21 Lesson 22 Lesson 23 Lesson 24 Lesson 25
"My daughter said, 'Mom, this is the first one that makes sense and explains things so you can understand what's going on.'"