What is a Marsupial?
Marsupials are the only mammals that have a pouch on their body in which they carry their young. Most of these amazing animals live in Australia, where they have adapted to the harsh conditions of life in the outback. In What is a Marsupial? children will learn astounding facts about marsupials, including:
- The important differences between marsupials and placentals
- How kangaroos, koalas, wombats, Tasmanian devils, opossums, and bilbies are related
- How marsupials reproduce and raise their young
- The ways in which they hunt and feed
- Why some marsupials are in danger