Third Grade Read-Aloud Picture Books
These are books that we have chosen for you to read aloud to your third graders. We have chosen them because of their beauty in prose, art, and content. We feel it is essential that you read to your children, and when you read aloud, choose books that are a grade level above your children’s reading level. These are good books that have survived the test of time—books that are well written and beautifully illustrated.
Read-Aloud Picture Books:
- Casey at the Bat ill. by LeRoy Neiman
- Cupid and Psyche by M. Charlotte Craft
- They Were Strong and Good by Robert Lawson
- The Stranger by Chris Van Allsburg
- Persephone by Sally Pomme Clayton
- Chanticleer and the Fox by Barbara Cooney
- Rikki Tikki Tavi by Rudyard Kipling, ill. by Jerry Pinkney
- The Tale of the Firebird by Gennady Spirin
- Over the River and Through the Wood by Lydia Maria Child, ill. by Christopher Manson
- The Gift of the Christmas Cookie by Dandi Daley Mackall
- An Orange for Frankie by Patricia Polacco
- The Nutcracker by E.T.A Hoffmann
- The Nutcracker by Stephanie Spinner
- Twas the Night Before Christmas ill. by Matt Tavares
- Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck
- Rapunzel by Paul O. Zelinsky
- King Midas and the Golden Touch by Charlotte Craft
- Pegasus by Marianna Mayer
- The Tale of the Three Trees by Angela Elwell Hunt
- The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen, ill. by Jerry Pinkney
- The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen
- Thomas Jefferson Builds a Library by Barbara Rosenstock
- Squanto & the Miracle of Thanksgiving by Eric Metaxas
You can purchase the read-aloud novels here.
Need Lesson Plans for Third Grade Read-Alouds?
Click here to purchase a printed or digital version.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|