- Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne *
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers *
- D’Aulaires’ Book of Norse Myths by Ingri and Edgar Parin D’Aulaire *
- American Tall Tales by Mary Pope Osborne *
- The Saturdays by Elizabeth Enright
- James Herriot’s Treasury for Children by James Herriot, ill. by Ruth Brown & Peter Barrett *
- A Day on Skates by Hilda van Stockum *
- The Magician’s Nephew by C. S. Lewis
- The Borrowers by Mary Norton
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett *
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
You can purchase the read-aloud picture books for 3rd grade here.
It can be hard to find quality books the older the kids get. These are definitely worth it to purchase! They are clean, fun to read, and books that can be ready over and over again. The curriculum incorperates these books very nicely.