Third Grade Read-Aloud Novels
These are books that we have chosen for you to read aloud to your third graders. We have chosen them because of their beauty in prose, art, and content. We feel it is essential that you read to your children, and when you read aloud, choose books that are a grade level above your children’s reading level. These are good books that have survived the test of time—books that are well written and beautifully illustrated.
- Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
- D’Aulaires’ Book of Norse Myths by Ingri and Edgar Parin D’Aulaire
- American Tall Tales by Mary Pope Osborne
- The Saturdays by Elizabeth Enright
- James Herriot’s Treasury for Children by James Herriot, ill. by Ruth Brown & Peter Barrett
- A Day on Skates by Hilda van Stockum
- The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
- The Borrowers by Mary Norton
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
You can purchase the read-aloud picture books for 3rd grade here.
Need Lesson Plans for Third Grade Read-Alouds?
Click here to purchase a printed or digital version.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|