The Forms Series:
Based on twenty years of teaching experience, the Forms Series will be your guide as you and your students continue to successfully climb the mountain of Latin Grammar all the way to the top! The uniqueness of the Forms Series lies in two features:
1. It is committed to the trivium model of teaching grammar systematically in order to facilitate retention and understanding, rather than topically, to facilitate translation.
2. Extensive workbook exercises ensure skills mastery and rapid recognition of inflected forms.
The Forms Latin Series’ grammar-first approach focuses on grammar forms and vocabulary because these are the skills suitable for the grammar stage student. The Forms Series is for students of all ages because all beginners—regardless of age—are in the grammar stage of learning. Syntax (how to use the grammar) and translation are logic and rhetoric stage skills, respectively, and quickly overwhelm the student unless they are introduced at a slow, gentle pace and taught for mastery. First Form is the ideal text for all beginners, grades 5 and up, or is a great follow-up to Latina Christiana at any age. Now every school and homeschool can have a truly successful Latin program that creates Latin scholars rather than Latin drop-outs.
This Third Form Latin Complete Set includes the following eight items:
- An 9×7.5 inch Student Text, which is small, concise, and unintimidating with 31 two-page lessons on facing, uncluttered pages, and 5 two-page unit reviews
- An everything-you-could-possibly-
need Teacher Manual that includes Student Text inset, “Chalk Talk” scripted lessons, recitation schedule, extensive teaching notes, and “FYI” (For Your Information) sections for extra background.
- A full-size Student Workbook with 6-8 pages of exercises per lesson. These exercises teach concepts through practice and mastery learning.
- A Quizzes & Tests booklet with reproducible weekly quizzes and unit tests that ensure material is being mastered.
- A Teacher Key (for Workbook, Quizzes, & Tests) with answers to the workbook and quizzes/tests.
- A Pronunciation CD that includes all vocabulary and grammar forms for each lesson.
- Flashcards for the vocabulary, Latin sayings, and grammar forms.
- Online Instructional Videos (Streaming) A 13-month membership to instructional videos with superb explanations by former Highlands Latin School teacher Sean Brooks.
After finishing Third Form Latin, the student will have mastered:
- Perfect system passive indicative of all four conjugations
- Active and passive subjunctive (all tenses) of all four conjugations
- Imperative mood and vocative case
- 4th declension neuter nouns
- 3rd declension adjectives of one & three terminations, and nine irregular adjectives
- Regular and irregular comparison of adjectives and adverbs
- Pronouns: 3rd person personal, demonstrative, intensive, and reflexive
- Syntax: apposition, adjectives used as nouns, purpose clauses, exhortations, deliberative questions, and objective & partitive genitive
- approximately 240 vocabulary words
*The Third Form Latin Workbook Key is not needed if you buy the Third Form Latin Teacher Key (for Workbook, Quizzes, & Tests). We make this version available for our customers enrolled in the Online Academy or similar courses.