Mueller’s Caesar: De Bello Gallico Set
Mueller’s text and accompanying Teacher’s Guide will lead students through Caesar’s fascinating account of his wars in Gaul. Perfect first texts for Latin students who are ready to translate, the books include vocabulary, footnotes, historical background, and other resources, preparing interested students for the Caesar portion of the AP Latin Exam. Memoria Press’ Lesson Plans (strongly recommended) schedule the work and teach step-by-step how to approach Latin translation.
From the publisher:
This student-friendly text is designed for use in college classes and high school Advanced Placement courses. It includes all the required Latin and English selections from Caesar’s Commentarii De Bello Gallico: Book 1.1-7; Book 4/24-35 and the first sentence of Chapter 36; Book 5.24-48; Book 6.13; and the English of Books 1, 6, and 7.
- Introduction that includes historical context, and overview of the Roman army, and Caesar as General, Politician, and Writer
- Latin text accompanied by same-page notes (grammatical, literary, historical, contextual)
- Same-page running vocabulary
- Pull-out vocabulary
- Complete Latin-English glossary
- Online grammatical appendix
- Eight newly-created maps
- Figures of Speech appendix
You may also like…