- A student can transfer successfully to Memoria Press First Grade from either program.
- Both provide clear introductions to reading, writing, and arithmetic.
- Both offer enrichment in music, art, science, poetry, and literature.
- Both are 5-day programs that can be taught as 4-day, if you combine lessons.
- Both offer recitations, copybook, and other expected elements of a classical curriculum.
- SC 1 includes fewer writing requirements, such as shorter verses in the Bible copybook and one less phonics workbook.
- In SC 1, some oral or multi-sensory exercises replace some written exercises.
- SC 1 includes ample multi-sensory techniques for teaching reading and arithmetic. While many MP K students do not require these, our SC students benefit from teaching with multiple modalities, providing more repetition, and engaging in extra practice.