Hosted by The Classical Latin School Association, Memoria Press, and Highlands Latin School, the 2017 Teacher Training Conference is the perfect opportunity to enrich your classical classroom. This year’s conference will feature plenary sessions led by Martin Cothran, Dr. Carol Reynolds, and Andrew Pudewa. The remainder of the two days will be jam-packed with workshops detailing curriculum, pedagogy, and classroom discipline.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided on Thursday and Friday.
*While at the conference, Memoria Press will have their full line of curriculum on display and dedicated staffers will be on hand to answer any questions or place any review copy orders.
To view the plenary sessions from the 2016 CLSA Teacher Training Conference, click here.
Conference ScheduleConference Synopsis
July 12 – 14, 2017
Highlands Latin School, Spring Meadows Campus
10901 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, KY 40243
Get Directions >
$195 per person
CLSA Members receive a discount. Please contact your CLSA representative to register.
Ask for the Memoria Press or CLSA Teacher Training block at these hotels:
Country Inn and Suites
1241 Kentucky Mills Drive, Louisville, KY 40299
Rate: $119 per night + tax (Must call to make reservations at block rates.)
Free breakfast, internet access, and indoor pool
PRE-CONFERENCE TRACKS (OPTIONAL ON WEDNESDAY, July 12):
The optional pre-conference tracks are on the first day of the CLSA Teacher Training Conference. These workshops are subject-specific, and geared towards teachers who want additional direction or specific help in certain subjects. There is a separate registration process and additional fee of $50 for full-day tracks or $25 for half-day tracks. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
(Select the track you would like to attend during checkout)
- Literature (half day) – If you plan to attend this workshop, you will need to have read A Tale of Two Cities before the conference.
- Music and Art (half day)
- Latina Christiana
- First Form Latin
- Second Form Latin
- Third Form Latin
- Fourth Form Latin
- Beyond Fourth Form
- Classical Composition
- New American Cursive Teacher Certification (half day)
- Children’s Literature (half day)
- IEW Structure and Style Review and Refinement – If you plan to attend this workshop, you will need to purchase IEW’s Teacher Writing: Structure & Style before the conference. We will also have a few copies available at the conference, but encourage you to buy it ahead of time.
(Select your track during checkout)
- Primary School – Advanced Track
- Primary School – General Track (K, 1, and 2)
- Grammar School – Advanced Track
- Grammar School – General Track (3, 4, 5, and 6)
- Upper School
- Logic and Rhetoric / Classical Composition
- Literature / Art & Music
- Greek, Upper School Latin / Epics
- Math / Science
- School Administration
SPEAKERS & HONORED GUESTS: