Answers to questions on rhetoric and logic
1. Is this a semester course or a year long course at your school?
We do both books in a year—about one semester apiece, although we try to finish Book I in a little less than a semester in order to have plenty of time to deal with the more difficult material in Book II.
2. How many weeks do you allow for each lesson?
We usually do a lesson a week, but sometimes cover to chapters in a week in parts of the first book. Those are mentioned in the introduction to Book I.
3. How many high school credits do you issue for successful completion? Of Traditional Logic I? Of Traditional Logic II?
We list them as half of a credit.
4. Should we try to fit in Material Logic I before Classical Rhetoric? I only have two more years with my oldest, and want to maximize our efforts!
There is no natural order here. They’re both equally useful programs.
5. Will there be a DVD for Classical Rhetoric? If so, when? Can Classical Rhetoric be completed in one year?
I am planning on doing the DVD for Rhetoric this summer. Classical Rhetoric is best done in a year.
6. How difficult is Classical Rhetoric in relation to Traditional Logic II? They are about the same.