"I have been very pleased with the pace of Second Form. It is amazing what a jump up Second Form is compared to First Form, yet how easy it is to slide right into the much more advanced curriculum. Very well thought out!"
Second Form continues the journey of Latin grammar. Building on what the student learned the previous year, Second Form reviews all material in First Form and completes the verb paradigms for all four conjugations in the indicative active and passive, and much more!
Once they have finished Second Form, students will have crossed the halfway mark on their Latin journey! Second Form employs the identical format of First Form—an attractive, concise Student Text, systematic presentation in five units, extensive Workbook exercises, and a Teacher Manual with everything you need to successfully teach this course.
*The Second Form Latin Workbook Key is not needed if you buy the Second Form Latin Workbook & Test Key. We make this version available for our customers enrolled in the Online Academy or similar courses.
After finishing Second Form, the student will have mastered:
- 6 indicative active and passive tenses of all four verb conjugations
- 5 noun declensions including -er and -ir nouns and i-stem nouns
- Adjectives in 3 declensions
- Personal pronouns
- 180 new vocabulary words
- Designed for students and teachers with no Latin background
- 8x8 inch Student Text that is small, concise, and unintimidating with 31 two-page lessons on facing, uncluttered pages
- Limited vocabulary of 180 words
- Full-size Student Workbook with 4-6 pages of exercises per lesson
- Vocabulary derivatives and detailed explanations of Latin sayings
- Grammar catechism for daily rapid-fire review
- Milestone markers for each grammar objective
- Everything-you-could-possibly-need Teacher Manual
- Student Text inset with answers in color
- Chalk-Talk scripted lessons
- Recitation schedule
- Pronunciation reminders
- Workbook with key
- Unit tests and lesson quizzes
- FYI section for extra background
Completed Latina Christiana I and II? Move into Second Form Latin upon completion of the Bridge Unit available at no charge. The Bridge Unit is an excerpt from First Form Latin covering the perfect tense. This material is not covered in the Latina series, but is assumed knowledge in Second Form. Please contact us at 877-862-1097 with additional questions.
Sample DVD Lesson