See First Form Latin.
This systematic study of Latin grammar is designed to follow Latina Christiana I. By the end of this course, students will have learned all five noun declensions, some model principal parts for the four verb conjugations, three tenses, and the use of the nominative and accusative cases.
Latina Christiana II also contains:
- Five short "readings"
- Three Scripture passages for translation
- Passages for memorization, including the Gloria, the Sanctus, and the Doxology
- Two hymns, "Veni, Veni Emmanuel" and "Veni, Creator Spiritus"
- The famous medieval school song "Gaudeamus Igitur"
- History questions and a 3-page chart/timeline summarizing Roman history
- A Teacher Manual with detailed grammar lessons and many helpful teaching hints
*The 30 lessons can be completed in one year, but may require two years for the first-time teacher. Upon completion of Latina Christiana I and II, contact Memoria Press at 877-862-1097 for information about the bridge unit to transition students to Second Form Latin.